GET TO KNOW YOUR PHONE
BASIC CALL HANDLING
Answering a call
While telephone is ringing, pick up handset to answer the call.
While telephone is ringing, touch the Answer button on the screen or the Speakerphone key to answer the call using the speaker.
Placing an outside call
Pick up handset and begin dialing number (dialing a 9 is not required).
Begin dialing number (handset cradled) – number will appear on screen. Pick up handset or touch the Send button on the screen and call will be placed. NOTE: Picking up the handset at any point will activate the handset and deactivate the speakerphone.
Placing an extension (internal) call
Pick up handset and begin dialing extension number.
Begin dialing number (handset cradled) – number will appear on screen. Pick up handset or touch the Send button and call will be placed. NOTE: Picking up the handset at any point will activate the handset and deactivate the speakerphone.
Placing a call on hold
- While a call is active, touch the Hold button on the bottom of the screen (or the hold button on the phone).
- To resume the call, touch the Resume button.
Muting a call
- While a call is active, press the Mute button.
- The button will illuminate (red) and the microphone on the headset or speaker will be muted.
- To unmute, press the button a second time and the red illumination will disappear.
Transferring a call
- While a call is active, touch the Transfer button on the screen (or the transfer button on the phone).
- When you hear a dial tone, dial the number to which the call will be transferred (external or internal). NOTE: If an error is made in dialing, press the back arrow on the screen, then touch the Resume button on the screen. This will resume the initial call.
- For an “announced” transfer, allow the call to ring to the destination phone (do not touch the Transfer button again). Once the call is answered, verify that the call is ready to be transferred, then touch the Transfer button again. NOTE: If the transfer needs to be canceled (no answer/receiving user not able to receive the transfer), touch the EndCall button, then touch the Resume button to resume the call.
- For an “unannounced” transfer, touch the Transfer button after dialing the destination phone. This will send the call to the destination phone immediately (if there is no answer, the call will ring until it goes to voicemail).
- To transfer a call directly to a user’s voicemail, touch the Transfer button then dial ** followed by the extension. Once the user’s voicemail message is heard, you may hang up to complete the transfer to the recipient’s voicemail. (The message heard by the caller will be heard in entirety, even if the message begins before you complete the transfer)
Initiating a 3-party conference call
- While a call is active, touch the Conference button on the screen.
- When you hear a dial tone, dial the number (internal or external) to be conferenced into the call.
- Once the 3rd party has answered your call, touch the Conference button once again. This will bring the 3rd party into the conference.
- The conference can be managed using your Yealink phone: While the conference is activated, the active parties will be displayed on the screen. From this screen, you can mute or disconnect conference participants by pressing and holding the caller. NOTE: You can touch the Split button on the screen to separate the calls. Once the calls are separated, touch the call on the screen you want to resume and touch the Resume button.
- Dial *72.
- Input the number you want your phone to forward to. Call forwarding is now on.
- To temporarily turn call forwarding off, dial #74. To reactivate call forwarding with the same number, dial #74 again.
- *73 will deactivate call forwarding and clear the forwarding number from the system.
DND (do not disturb)
- While the phone is at rest, touch the DND button at the bottom of the home screen.
- A DND indicator will appear at the top of the screen. NOTE: Phone will not ring in DND status. All calls will be directed to voicemail.
- Touch the History button at the bottom of the screen.
- A full list of all calls will be displayed.
- To place a call to a number in the list, touch the number on the screen.
- For call information (time, date, and length of call), press touch the information button (lower-case “i” in a circle).
- To change the list type to display missed calls, placed calls, received calls or forwarded calls, select the list type on the left side of the screen.
- To clear the history for an individual call, touch the information button and then touch the Deleted button. To delete entire call history or multiple calls (for a particular list), touch the Setting button, touch Select All or choose calls and touch Delete.