Properties using a custom schedule can design their schedule using the Schedule Builder. Any edits in the Schedule Builder will change the schedule from today forward. To get started, follow the steps below.
- Pick the property and calendar type you want to build a schedule for.
Click the Schedule Builder icon . The schedules window will open, and you can create as many schedules as needed. Your schedules must cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Name your schedule.
- Choose the times that this schedule covers. Schedules are in increments of 30 minutes, so you can choose anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours. Once your times are selected, be sure that the duration box reflects the right amount of time.
- Select the days of the week this schedule applies to. Your schedule will build visually on the right side of the window to ensure you are covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If this is a schedule where you want Live Escalation (calls are sent directly to a person’s mobile phone vs. caller leaving a message), then check the Live Escalation box and set the on hold time (the total amount of time a caller will be on hold).
- If this is a schedule where you don’t want notifications sent, then check the Inactive box and all messages that are left during this time will be sent via email and will begin to escalate once your schedule is active again.
- To add another schedule, click + Add another schedule at the top of the window and repeat steps 3-7 until your 24/7 schedule is completely filled.
The system will not let you save your schedules if there are any gaps or overlaps, so use the visual schedule builder to ensure that 24/7 is covered. Note: Live Escalation schedules will not show up on the visual schedule builder.
If you have a schedule that is over multiple days, but the times are different each day, you can adjust times by checking Restrict times and then clicking EDIT. You must first select the days of the week for this schedule.
Once you have your schedules built and click save, your calendar will now be updated with the times you set for each day.
- If you do have a day/time where there isn’t a schedule, the last people on call will remain on call until a new schedule is found. Your calendar will present an error letting you know that no schedule is found.
To view examples of different custom schedules, read the below article.